Friday, June 18, 2010

Confirmed

So I knew my body and mind were doing weird things for months but tonight I got the call. My gyno confirmed that at age 40, I am going thru menopause. My last period was Valentine's Day. I knew it, I just knew it. My mom was young (43 yrs) and so I just knew I was going thru it. As the doctor was going over everything about how drastic my FSH levels shifted everything else was going thru my mind. Like, wow, I really don't have the choice to have a 3rd kid. Anyway, I hung up the phone in a fog. I couldn't cry because I had two kids who needed my attention right then. Later, after Beau was in dreamland, I went to the neighbors (Mandy is one of them) and spilled the beans as I drank my wine. Crazy how for weeks I knew in my heart that this was it but crazy that I had no idea what I had in store for myself and my family. So I just went on line to check out what is out there about this "old lady" problem. Bottom line is that someone up there wants me to stop and put myself first because if I'm not careful, osteoporosis can take over. Nope, not happening to me. I'm going to try the holistic way to get thru the symptoms. Please ladies, send up your good thoughts for me to go thru this quickly and with as little pain as possible. If any of you have words of wisdom, special remedies and/or advice - please send them forth. I will be forever grateful. Love to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be sending thoughts and love your way! Let's plan a ladies evening with wine to chat!