Thursday, July 29, 2010
Grandma Barb
Hi Mamas! It's me, the single parent. Because camp began today that means the football season starts today. Which translates to George being gone 90% of the time from now until Jan/Feb. Anyway, that is not the reason for the blogging tonite. Nope! I'm jealous but motivated. A fellow mama, who will remain nameless but she knows who she is, called me and told me she was bored. She did preface this statement with the acknowledgement that she has only one child. But somehow, after we hung up, I knew that even if she had 3 kids, this mama would find the time to get bored. Which led to me thinking, what the hell am I doing wrong? Even pre-kids, I can never remember a time of being bored. Like actually, leisurely reading a book or flipping thru magazines. I know there are mamas out there that are busy and can relate to my "no showers", "no time to get a smoking body", "no time for playdate" blogs but truly - I know that you all get to read books, look thru magazines, go to movies, go clothes shopping, surf the web, work out - you know, breathe a little? I know this because every once in awhile I think about our group of gals and I realize that most of you have a career/job plus you are mommies too and most of you have multiple kids. So why can't I be more productive so that I can get to the state of having nothing to do and be bored when I do not have a career? I mean, it's really hard to wrap my head around it sometimes. For as long as I can remember, I never shopped - I still run into a store and grab. Or now I go online for 15 minutes. I never ate - I always inhale. I never, ever called anyone and now that texting has gone rampant I wonder if it will ever happen. I know what you are all thinking: If I just went to one of Sarina's workshops I could get my act together. So I need to make the time to do that. I want to make a pledge to myself that I better have a kick-ass career started by the time this football season is over so that when I do have a husband around, I will have some extra time on my hands and I just might get bored. But realistically, I think that by the time I will actually be bored, I will be a grandparent. This is why I can't wait to be a Grandma. Love to you all- Happy Summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment