I thought I would be able to make copies of Baby Erickson's Lullaby cd but I just couldn't get to it today. I can't wait for all of you to get a copy because I really like the compilation. When we practiced yoga with Bridgett right before her Mama Blessing Brunch, I couldn't help but feel a big sense of pride as we listened to the lullaby cd and flowed with some gentle poses. Anyway, the copies will go out soon - on my list for this week. I wish some company made 90 minute cds because all our songs added up to just over 80 minutes and that is the max I could find. So you will have to receive 2 cds - sorry! Baby Ozzie is here and I can't wait to meet him. What a beautiful way to bring a child into the world - being born at home and with a big splash! Ah, the feeling of being a new mom again is such a great feeling and I hope that Bridgett is loving it. Tough on her physically, I'm sure. But she will have such a great peace of mind in the next few months as a light comes on and lets her know that it will all be ok. Especially since she has Bennett signed up for a good pre-school in the Fall. I'm jealous! Argh, can I please just get out of this pre-school searching hell? I mean, truly, I hate the fact that I am making such a big deal about this process. It should be fun to imagine where your baby will get her feet wet at learning. I know some of you moms have your pre-schools nailed down and I bow in awe that you can sit back and not worry about where they will be this Fall. Me? Oh I'm still touring schools. I think my beef is that since I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, it makes me anxious to raise smart people. All the while I want sweet, playful children who actually like to learn instead of being good at regurgitating information. So this is why I struggle with settling. I grew up hating to read and guess what, unless it is children's books, you will rarely find me reading and I hate that! Don't get me wrong, I love to read now but since it is not a priority in my life, it gets pushed aside and then a year goes by and I haven't read a book. That is crazy! Speaking of getting pushed aside - so my one and only New Year's resolution this year was to play more with my family. It's the end of February and I have to say, my resolution is not happening. I know it is a work in progress but a little frustrating that I can't sit there and finger paint with my kids at least once a week. Heck, I will take once a month! I know I have made big strides in resolving this but I want more. Just wanted to share that for the past 2 weeks I wore a charm on my necklace that says, "My Husband is Hot." I have to say - that counts a lot towards my resolution to play with my hubby. When the salesman at the car dealership asked me about my necklace I said, "Hey, he just bought me a new car - I'm sure you think he's hot too, right?" And my last bit of jibbering will be about Lent which starts this Wed and ends 40 days later. I will attempt to give up, once again, Judging. That is it as far as giving up anything because in my book, that's a biggy. Funny, how I will give up judging but will worry more about people making judgements on me.
Miss you mamas and hope it's not long before we can jibber in person. Love.
3 comments:
Too funny Barb. Are you going to mass on Wednesday?
thanks for downloading your thoughts. i wish i had time to share what is on my mind. if you decide on giving up judging for lent, the first person i recommend you start with is to stop judging yourself ;) .
sweet barb, thanks for sharing. And for the wonderful lullaby CD. We finally got a CD player for the room and can listen to it when we are changing diapers (which is often).
And, as far as preschools (or other decisions in life) I ride on the coattails of women I admire and respect (like you) and make my choices based off of your due diligence.
looks like an oscar party is in the future, a sure to be jibbery event. It feels like a lifetime ago that I was tipsy and wearing those outfits in your basement with Jennifer.
Post a Comment