Thursday, March 18, 2010

Drunk off Women Vibes

The Mama Blessing at Anne's house was - how can I say it? - amazing! Sarah began the ceremony in her usual fashion of that warm love, beauty and wisdom. I mean, really, can we expect anything less? The gal just lives and breathes yumminess! Rachel then took the reigns and just blew me over with her wonderful insight. I guess I was just rocked by finding out how spiritual she was because I didn't know she was such a goddess of womanhood! I was pleasantly surprised with her theme of "being grounded and flying high" - it hit the nail on the head. The love in that room was just electric. Yes, we were there for Anne but I guess I found myself feeling like this event couldn't have come at a better time in my own life. I felt honored that I was there to celebrate this special time in her life and I felt a bit guilty that I was benefitting from that opportunity - like I was getting drunk off all the women vibes. I wrote down all the properties of the stone/gem I chose for Anne's necklace because I'm anal and didn't want to forget - so I read my thoughts to her from my card. But what I didn't say and wished that I had said was this:

"If it were not for Anne, I would not have come to Blooma. She led me there and shared with me her birth story and opened her heart to me. Thank God for that. Truly. Without Blooma, I would have gone down a path that I shudder to think about when I was pregnant with Beau. Without Anne, I wouldn't have met some of the closest friends I've had in my life. Without Anne, I would be a different mother, a different friend, a different daughter. She was the first friend I called as soon as Beau was born. She means the world to me."

We can't always see the big picture of why tragic things happen in our lives. I can't help but wonder if the births we experienced before Blooma were meant to bring us together.

For those of you that could not make it - we truly missed you. The sweet emotions in that beautiful room, candles aglow, were just purposeful and reaffirming. I got home and wanted to write and keep the "drunkiness" going by re-playing the evenings events. Instead, I went to bed with a smile knowing that we will again come together for a night of great friendship. Much love to the women in our lives!

P.S. - In case you've been following along with the only other blogs on this site: my goddess card I chose last night was Fertility.

No comments: