Monday, June 28, 2010
Showers
So today Megan and I were discussing how we hate to use the kids' nap time to take a shower because we feel it is such a waste of valuable time. She shared her strategy to sometimes prolong the kids playtime before nap for 15 min. just so she can shower while they're awake and therefore get stuff done when they are asleep. But she said, "It always backfires because that crucial 15 minutes sends my kids off schedule and I always pay for it in the long run." How many of you are nodding your heads because you know how those 15 minutes can really mess you up? All you wanted was a simple shower. Well, how many of you have gone 4 days without washing your hair? Ok, pre-kids I washed my hair every single day (which was easy for me because I have straight hair and never blow dry it). Then Bella comes along and I stretched it to every other day. Beau comes along and we're talking 3 days is not a shocker. But the pinnacle came today. I washed my hair on Friday morning. Since then I rollerbladed around Calhoun, attended a lovely "Women's Night Out", swam with the kids at Edina Pool (yes, even went down the blue slide with Beau on a tube) and then did Deborah's CorePower class this morning with heat past 100 degrees. We're talking twisted half moons, standing splits directly into standing toe lock, binds and just work. I was dripping with sweat. I was so mad today that unless I wanted to wait until George got home from work, the soonest available time to shower would be at nap time. Valuable time just tick tocked away for something as simple as a darn shower! And if you're wondering would I have dared to skip another day after all that I listed above - yeah, if I really needed to. Gross!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally get where you're coming from. Although, ever since the required big chop of my hair last year from not enough attention to my excessively curly hair, I "try" to stay on top of it at least once a week :p .
Post a Comment