Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mother Day

Thought I'd share this note I wrote to all 14 teachers that Beau and Bella have. I wish I could make copies of the cd and distribute again but I'll just include the playlist. You'll recognize most of the songs off of Baby Oz's Lullabies.

A Mother’s Mix 2010


I was inspired to give this cd of music to all the teachers in my children’s lives because of a mother who lost her son at 9 months. She is pregnant with her second son and I was compiling some lullabies to give to her as a shower gift. As I listened to the words of the songs I started to feel that some of these songs can be soothing to many moms. So I added some fun songs (Banana Pancakes & Family Reunion), some very soulful songs (Imagine & Many Rivers to Cross) and even if you don’t have a daughter - you are a Daughter. Most of these songs are lullabies - coincidentally, they are a good mix of what Motherhood is all about.

So please enjoy the music and know that I’m blessed to have so much help in caring for my children because of you. This cd is dedicated to Baby M’s Mother, may he rest in peace and may she have a peaceful Mother’s Day.


Happy Mother’s Day and Love,

Barb Paton


Playlist


How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)-James Taylor

Daughters-John Mayer

Banana Pancakes-Jack Johnson

I'll Be There-The Jackson 5

Like A Star-Corinne Bailey Rae

Baby Don't You Cry-Quincy Coleman & Andrew Hollander

You Are My Sunshine-Carly Simon

Let It Be-Carol Woods & Timothy T. Mitchum

Somewhere Over the Rainbow-Jewel

Godspeed-Dixie Chicks

Sweet Dreams-Jewel

Lullaby-Jack Johnson

Hallelujah-Justin Timberlake & Matt Morris

Baby Mine-Bette Midler

Lullaby-Dixie Chicks

Family Reunion-Jill Scott

Somewhere Over the Rainbow-Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Many Rivers To Cross -Jimmy Cliff

Imagine-John Lennon


1 comment:

Cori Michelle Levin said...

how inspiring, thanks for sharing your wisdom. I agree is showing those in your life your appreciation in many ways. this tradition of waiting til something bad happens is so silly. lets hear it while we are celebrating and living our lives. blessings to you.